Friday, June 27, 2014

Hallie's First Trip to Round Top and Junk Gypsy

I have been on the road for work going on 20 out of the past 24 days. It's been a whirlwind of hotels and miles behind the wheel. But I ain't complaining because I get to see parts of Texas I previously didn't know existed and hit up some places I have been dying to get to but never came very close to before.

One of those place is the legendary Round Top, Texas. Round Top hosts a bi-annual antiques fair where 100,000 or so people come to shop. Can you imagine? Of course I heard about Round Top and Antiques Week through my beloved Junk Gypsies. I have been following them for around seven or eight years and to say they have defined my personal and home style is an understatement. My high school bedroom, college dorm, apartment and current house have all been 100% inspired by their style. So when they opened up their world headquarters, a visit was at the top of my bucket list. But it's not like I can just mosey over to the opposite side of our state and pop in. It would have to be worked into another trip. Luckily, I had some time to kill on this work trip, so driving about 1.5 hrs out of the way wasn't a big deal. Let me tell you, it was totally worth it. If you are ever close, you must find a way to go!

I didn't get to see the sisters, but I did see Archie. All of the staff there was super friendly and helpful and of course dressed to the nines.





Excuse my feet. I was trying to not be so obvious that I was taking a pic of this legendary spot!






From Blake and Miranda's wedding


"I'll take the whole outfit, thanks."


It's no secret where I get my "dump glitter on everything in sight" decorating philosophy.











 It was absolutely heavenly. I could have spent hours walking around in there and never have seen everything. Can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment